Mequon to join Mid-Moraine Municipal Court | News
The City of Mequon will be joining the Mid-Moraine Municipal Court, a system comprised of several other municipalities in Ozaukee and Washington counties.
Beginning January 1, 2011, all municipal and non-criminal traffic violations will be heard in a municipal court setting.
Officials say the change to municipal court has several benefits, including the decrease of citation costs and reduced travel for both officers and citizens. Mequon residents will also have the chance to elect a municipal judge to hear matters of local concern.
While details are still being finalized, City of Mequon matters are tentatively scheduled to be heard on the first Wednesday of every month.
Top Menomonee Falls / Germantown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Powerball jackpot worth $590 million creates lotto fever
- 17-year-old from Mequon will stand trial in sexual assault case
- Boy accused of sexual assault at Cedarburg daycare appears in court
- Woman charged with failure to report child abuse, neglect
- Adult, child in custody in connection with Cedarburg daycare case
- Free booster and car seat safety check Thursday, May 23
- Man accused of turning test drive into joy ride to stand trial
- Wash. Co. church to have Sheriff’s deputy at every church service
- Germantown church hires Washington Co. Sheriff's Deputies to provide security
- Executive director from Downtown West Bend Association resigns