Mobile emergency alert system coming June 18 to Wisconsin | News
Beginning June 18, the National Weather Service will start issuing tornado, flash flooding, blizzard and ice storm warnings to your mobile phone. Thunderstorm warnings will not be dispatched.
Local, state and federal emergency officials now have a new tool for alerting the public of impending severe weather conditions. The system is called Wireless Emergency Alerts and is available to all newer version mobile phones that are in an effected area.
Top Menomonee Falls / Germantown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 17-year-old from Mequon will stand trial in sexual assault case
- Boy accused of sexual assault at Cedarburg daycare appears in court
- Woman charged with failure to report child abuse, neglect
- Adult, child in custody in connection with Cedarburg daycare case
- Alleged daycare sexual assault suspect only 12 years old
- Man accused of turning test drive into joy ride to stand trial
- Wash. Co. church to have Sheriff’s deputy at every church service
- Germantown church hires Washington Co. Sheriff's Deputies to provide security
- Executive director from Downtown West Bend Association resigns
- Six-year-old donates nearly 16 inches of hair to Locks of Love