I'm Walking for HAWS...and especially for Bruiser! | Pets
HAWS' 29th Annual Pet Walkathon is coming up next Saturday, May 5th, from 9am - 3pm at Sussex Village Park.
Over the years we've asked people to share why they "walk for HAWS." We've heard wonderful stories about the love connections made at the Walk between adoptable pets and their new forever homes. We've learned how the Walk has brought families together in their support of HAWS and our work. We've even had groups make our event an annual get-together for themselves - a great time with friends and a great cause to boot!
This year, one of our most compelling reasons to Walk is Bruiser, a 5 month-old Chihuahua mix available for adoption at HAWS. In his short lifetime, Bruiser has been a homeless stray who needed shelter, he has healed from a leg-break which required medical assistance and foster care and, as an "intact" male, he was in need of neuter surgery from our SNIP clinic. We were able to take care of ALL of his needs at HAWS, through our on-site services and our network of caring animal people.
HAWS annual Walkathon fundraiser assures we are able to continue to be the safe-haven for pets in need...whatever that need may be! Please join us on May 5th and help us help those animals that mean so much to us. Raise money for the paws and claws at HAWS - on foot or online: here's the link to get you started...and the link to let your fingers do the fundraising...!
By the way - click here to watch Bruiser in his TV debut on Fox 6 WakeUp! He is QUITE the star...
Top Menomonee Falls / Germantown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Powerball jackpot worth $590 million creates lotto fever
- 17-year-old from Mequon will stand trial in sexual assault case
- Boy accused of sexual assault at Cedarburg daycare appears in court
- Woman charged with failure to report child abuse, neglect
- Adult, child in custody in connection with Cedarburg daycare case
- Free booster and car seat safety check Thursday, May 23
- Man accused of turning test drive into joy ride to stand trial
- Wash. Co. church to have Sheriff’s deputy at every church service
- Germantown church hires Washington Co. Sheriff's Deputies to provide security
- Executive director from Downtown West Bend Association resigns